BENEFITS OF COUNSELLING AND NETWORKING WITH OTHER CARER’S
1. Counselling allows people to express their feelings and concerns regarding their relative in a supportive environment.
2. It helps to share information about brain injury and how it affects people in so many different ways.
3. It helps develop and strengthen coping strategies.
4. It helps carers and family members feel that they are not alone.
5. It allows carer’s and family the space to release some of the frustration that surrounds the terrible trauma associated with brain injury.
6. It plays a very important role in helping the family survive through the many difficulties they encounter as a result of ABI.